Monday, December 20, 2010

Party Mix

When I lived at home my Dad always
made our party mix over Christmas.
His party mix was good but he added things
I did not like- cheddar fish, mixed nuts and such.

So this year I bought just what I like in party mix.
Regular chex, wheat chex, honey chex,
pretzels, cinnamon bun cereal, BBQ twist,
wheat thins, chicken in a biskit crackers,
cashews, and honey nut peanuts.

Then I customized the sauce recipe.
I have to admit, it's just like I dreamed it would be.
I must have gotten lucky.



Bag it up for a cute, little gift.

Party Mix Sauce

 2 cups of vegetable oil
1 cup melted butter
6 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion salt
2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 Tbsp. brown sugar

Use one box or can of the items listed at the top.
Half items between two large oven safe bowls.
Drizzle each pan with two cups of sauce
stirring between drizzles.
Make sure everything is evenly coated.
Bake at 250 for 1 hour stirring 
every 15 minutes.

Then spread out on cloths or the counter to dry. Eat all
of it right away or put it away in your freezer for Christmas.

Enjoy,
Hope

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of party mix! I don't like fish crackers or mixed nuts either. I'll definitely have to remember this recipe the next time I make party mix. I never thought of adding cinnamon bun cereal. :-)

    ReplyDelete