Monday, July 2, 2012

The Storm

Well, I am sure most of you
experienced the storm that came
through Friday evening.

We were inside and it sounded
like a car was coming up our lane.
Well, that car happened to be wind.
I have never experienced anything
like it in my whole life. The wind was incredible.
We set on our swing and watched trees sway and 
listened to branches snap and trees fall.
We lost eight pine tree tops.
One landed on the back of our house
but did not damage the roof.
We were very thankful.






Our electric came back on Sunday afternoon.
It was a blessing indeed. We take things like
electricity and running water for granted.
God sent me the reminder I needed.
To be thankful for what He has blessed
us with. It seems like the more we
get the more we want. Lets just be
happy with a home, electricity
and running water.

Blessings,
Hope 

1 comment:

  1. absolutely. it felt like bliss just to be able to do laundry and dishes again!

    ReplyDelete