Tuesday, October 15, 2013

If Grandma had Instagram...

Funny title, but it's a thought that comes across my mind often when blogging or posting on Instagram.


Some days I wonder why I blog and post on Instagram- Is this all about me? Grandma didn't post a photo of her three layered cake every Christmas. But then I think of how many people have inspired me through blogging and Instagram. Some blog posts leave me feeling refreshed and ready to tackle my house again. It's just the nudge I need at times. God wants us to be creative and to use the gifts He has given us. And that's what keeps me going. While a blog may seem glorious with photos and words- It's been stretching for me. I am a quiet person that is not good at expressing my feelings in group setting. I have finally tackled the ever present worry about people taking me wrong- and just blogging about what I love to do.


So if my Grandma had instagram... she'd have 5,000,000 followers. But she doesn't have instagram and so not everyone knows how awesome she is. But what matters is that God knows it along with her family and friends who deeply appreciate her for who she is. So 'be' who you would be without instagram or a blog to post on. Be the godly, caring, intentional person God has created you to be.


Savor each season of life just like you savor an apple dumpling in the fall- for it may not last long. 


Blessings,
Hope

9 comments:

  1. Great post! Great stuff to mull over..

    and, I'll for sure ponder the savoring of an apple dumpling. I've been wanting to make them... so here we go! :) Thanks for the inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post and excellent reminder.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Grandma was on instagram! That's a fun little visual and I would def be a devoted follower! =) Lets be like our Grandmas when we grow up. Great thoughts, so glad I have you to discuss all these things with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope, I love this!

    I especially liked these thoughts:
    Some days I wonder why I blog and post on Instagram- Is this all about me? Grandma didn't post a photo of her three layered cake every Christmas. God wants us to be creative and to use the gifts He has given us. And that's what keeps me going. While a blog may seem glorious with photos and words- It's been stretching for me. I am a quiet person that is not good at expressing my feelings in group setting. I have finally tackled the ever present worry about people taking me wrong- and just blogging about what I love to do.

    Yes! I know what you mean. I'm not exactly a quiet person but I'm not the type that does well at explaining deep things or even what I'm thinking about deep things. And I too have often wondered if my blog is too much about myself. But I love blogging and I feel like it is a way to use my giftings and so I just blog about what I love and the things that have been helpful to me and hope and pray that God can use it to bless and encourage others.

    Anyway, got a bit long winded- but this just really blessed me today! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post really uplifted me this morning! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To think how Grandma passed it on to daughter, daughter-in-laws, granddaughters, and even to the great granddaughters...Keep passing it on. Love Ya Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "be who you would be without instagram"

    such a gem of truth. thanks for sharing that.

    XO

    ReplyDelete