Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

I needed some cookies for
Joshua's lunches and started
paging through cookbooks.
I was trying to talk him into something
besides chocolate chip cookies.
He wanted chocolate crinkles and all
kinds of cookies that have to be
 refrigerated before baking.
I came upon Chewy Oatmeal Cookies,
and that was it. I have been looking
for a chewy oatmeal cookie 
recipe for a long time. 
It was like finding a long lost friend.



Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Crisco
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups oatmeal
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup currants or 1 cup raisins
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut

Mix together in order given. Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes.
Under baked they fall flat and over baked they aren't as chewy.
I found that 11 minutes was perfect. Even if they seem a little wet,
they will dry up once they sit a little.

Enjoy,
Hope 


No comments:

Post a Comment