Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sausage Potato Quiche

Having a busy day? And you don't really feel like cooking...but you must feed your hungry husband?

Sausage potato quiche is here to save you. It's simple, it's delicious and it's easy.

Run get your ingredients.


 Grate your potatoes, add oil and press into a deep dish pie pan.
Bake until browned. Brown sausage while the crust is baking.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
Cut up onions and tomato, grate cheese.
 Sprinkle components over the crust and pour on the egg mixture.

 
Bake and you have a hearty meal. It's the real deal.


Sausage Potato Quiche

3 cups shredded potato, raw
3 Tbsp. oil

2 cups sausage, browned
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup cheese, grated, I used cheddar and Havarti
1 tomato, cubed
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes

Shred potatoes and add oil. Press into a deep dish pie pan.
Bake at 400 degrees until browned, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile brown sausage, cut up onion, grate cheese and cube 
the tomato. In another bowl combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper.

Remove potato crust from the oven and sprinkle with sausage,
onions, cheese and tomato. Pour egg mixture over it and sprinkle
with parsley flakes. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Enjoy!
Hope

7 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Can't wait to try it.

    Just a suggestion. Would you consider adding a "Pin it" button to your posts? I end up pinning a lot of your recipes and it would make it much easier...plus would probably benefit your blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to make a breakfast casserole or quiche this morning but hadn't fully decided which one . . . when i saw your instagram picture I knew that was the quiche of the day. :) I just LOVE hash browns, so I did taste the main dish that I put together, but since I'm also trying to stay away from too many carbs, I made a separate dish for myself without the potatoes and it was lovely as well. My husband, who had already been out to eat an earlier breakfast, helped himself to several helpings of this dish and declared it 'very good'! Thanks for sharing, and I'll be keeping this handy for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be dinner tonight for us as well! :) I LOVE quiche in many different forms, and can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the minute this appeared on my blog feed I knew it was a 'must make'. and wow, it did not dissapoint!!! SO good. perfect saturday morning breakfast. I think next time I'll mix the onion w/ the potato part...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so yummy! we live in Nepal with access to only limited ingredients, but this looks easy, basic, yet still delicious. can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely try this wonderful treat!
    Thank you.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete