Monday, November 7, 2011

Bacon & Corn Chowder

I almost called in sick to work today,
but decided I would go and try not
to breath on anyone.

I decided to make myself
some soup, and was hungry
for some kind of soup with corn.

So I threw some bacon in
a pot with a few taters'
and a pint of corn.

It was just what my sore throat needed.



 Fry bacon until almost done, then add potatoes and onions.



A simple, soothing soup.


Mmmm... creamy soup with bacon and corn.


Bacon & Corn Chowder

6 slices of bacon, cut in small pieces
1 large potato, diced
1/2 of a small onion, diced
1/4 cup of white wine
1 pint of corn
2 Tbsp. butter 
4 cups of milk
2 Tbsp. of flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes

Cut bacon with kitchen scissors and fry until almost done.
Add diced potatoes and onions. Saute until bacon is done.
Add wine to deglaze your pan. Stir until the bottom
of your pan is clear. Add corn and butter.
Whisk 2 Tbsp. of flour into your milk and add to your pan.
Add salt, pepper and parsley flakes.
Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.

Enjoy,
Hope

1 comment: