Saturday, January 18, 2014

Waffles

Waffles are my new love. Well, since a little one dwells inside me. I have tried several waffle recipes in the last month and none were worth making again. Until... I made this recipe from Joshua's Aunt Ruth. No need to bother with whipping egg whites for these- they are fluffy with just baking powder.




Waffles

1 cup white flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups of milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Mix together dry ingredients. In another bowl whisk together
milk and eggs. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients.
Add melted butter and mix just until combined.
Fry on hot waffle iron.
Serves 4-6 depending on the size of your waffle iron.
I usually double this recipe for Josh and I and keep 
the batter in the refrigerator for the next morning or two.

Enjoy,
Hope

5 comments:

  1. Hope....I love this recipe and will be making it this morning for my growing, strapping boys :).

    I thought you looked like there was a baby bump in some of your pictures!! Maybe I missed a post where you announced?? Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the idea of having some batter in the fridge, i never thought of doing that before. thanks for the tip and the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had them for brunch this morning and they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm I would use buttermilk and add vanilla beans or good vanilla extra. While you are at it - some spices would not hurt - a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waffles were very delicious i wanna serve with extra cream in morning time,I love this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete