Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Grape Juice

Today I canned grape juice with my mom. It was easy as pie. Wait!? Pies are hard to make... where in the world did that saying come from? ha.

We canned 56 quarts from the little vineyard in our front yard. It was the first year they really produced well. Josh trimmed them two years ago and that must have been just what they needed. Thanks honey.

We just used stevia to sweeten the juice. It makes you feel so much better than dumping in all that sugar.

Here are some photos to document the process.






















Grape Juice

 grapes
stevia
water

Pick grapes from stems. If they are in nice bunches you can place the 
whole bunch in the jar. Mine were organic so they weren't perfect. 
Wash only if needed.
Place 2 cups of grapes in a quart jar along with a scant 1/4 tsp. stevia.
Fill jar with water up to 1/2 inch below first rim, 
this is so they wont run over after they are processed.
Place on lids and rings. Hot water bath for 15 minutes.

Strain grapes out before serving. Add enough water for your taste.
We usually just add ice. 
Gingerale or club soda added makes a nice party drink.

Enjoy,
Hope

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I am wanting to use stevia more. U have the sweetest mom. Made my day when they stopped by and when they took me & my mom out fr supper in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I am wanting to use stevia more. U have the sweetest mom. Made my day when they stopped by and when they took me & my mom out fr supper in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm one thankful daughter. I know they enjoyed their trip.

      Delete
  3. Looks good! I have that day arriving shortly (my dear mother is planning to help ;-) What kind of stevia do you like? My jar is almost all and the company (KAL) changed the formula to include maltodextrin; I need to order more, but I'm thinking I should change brands... I loved that from Charity but don't know where to find more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hope... :0) I have quite a bit of grapes that need to be cut and used up, but they have seeds, can I still make grape juice with it? I think I can, but it is good to ask ;0) thanks for sharing and for been such an inspiration to so many... m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing!! I have always wanted to know how to make juice like that. I also enjoyed all your pictures!! God Bless
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. ال صالح لنقل الاثاث الافضل دائما فى نقل الاثاث فهى افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام وتقدم الكثير من الخدمات المنزليه الكامله انها افضل شركة نقل عفش بالدمام وافضل شركة تنظيف بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  7. »مؤسسه أصالة جدة للمظلات والسواتر 0534466689

    #مظلات_سيارات #مظلات_للسيارات _مظلات_السيارات #مظلات_مواقف_سيارات


    اهلا وسهلا بكل اعضاء وزوار المنتدى تحية طيبة لكم وبعد~...

    تخصصنا : تصنيع وتصميم وتشييد مظلات سيارات - مظلات مواقف حكوميه وخاصه - مظلات سيارات فلل
    مظلات سيارات قصور وجميع الاستخدامات من المظلات للسيارات والمركبات بمختلف احجامها بجوده عالية.
    مظلات المستشفيات ومواقف الموظفين للوزارات والشركات والمدارس والجامعات بمواصفات عالية واسعار مثالية.
    جميع انواع الاعمال بالصناعات المقاومه للحرارة وعوامل الجو الطبيعيه
    الجوده في الاعمال والدقه بالتنفيذ لا تعني ارتفاع السعر اتصل تجد ما يسرك ان شاء الله
    0534466689

    نوفر مظلات سيارات عازلة للاشعة فوق البنفسجية ذات قوة وتحمل لحرارة الشمس.
    نعتمد طريقة توصيل الـ بي في سي للتغطية المظلات على الحفر الالكتروني بمكائن المانية من ما يمنع حدوث اي شق او تفكك للمظلات بضمان مؤسسي


    مظلات وسواتر وبيوت شعر ملكي مظلات سيارات مظلات فلل وقصور مظلات مدارس مظلات مستشفيات مظلات مراكز تجاريه مظلات مؤسسات مظلات مواقف سيارات مظلات مشاريع حكوميه مظلات حدائق واستراحة مظلات جده مظلات وسواتر خشبيه وجميع انواع الحدادة.

    مظلات قماش PVC للحدائق والساحات العامه ومظلات المساجد والمدارس والمتنزهات ومتخصصون في اعمال سواتر الفلل والقصور بكل اشكالها وانواعها سواتر الحديد وسواتر الاخشاب البلستيكية ومتخصصون في عمل المستودعات والهناجر

    ننفذ مشاريع مظلات السيارات والفلل والحدائق والبيوت واعمال السواتر في كل انحاء المملكه وباسعار مناسبه.
    جوال 0534466689
    http://asala-j.com/

    ReplyDelete