Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mom's Lasagna

Today I made two pans of lasagna for our local Salvation Army meal program. I decided to make three pans and stick one in the freezer for us.

This is my mom's lasagna recipe, it's delicious and easy since it's made with raw noodles.These days I go for easy since I have a very busy girl hugging my leg while I am making dinner. If no one else uses my blog for recipes, I sure do. I often pull up my recipes on my phone and cook away.


Add green beans, salad and garlic bread and you have a meal!

Lasagna

1 lb. hamburger
1 onion, diced

1 qt. tomato juice
1 small tomato paste
1 1/2 cups water
2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
 1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil

12 oz. cottage cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. parsley flakes

fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese
9-10 raw lasagna noodles

Brown hamburger with onion. Add remaining ingredients.
Simmer on low for 15 minutes. It will seem runny but since
the noodles are raw they will soak up the juice.

In another bowl mix together cottage cheese, egg and parsley flakes.

In a 9"x13" dish lay down 3-4 noodles, top with 1/3 of your meat sauce,
then 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
 Repeat 2 more times.

Top with Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parsley flakes.

Bake at 325 for 1 hour.

Enjoy!
Hope

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this! How nice that you made some for others as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Lasagna is one of Eric's favorites - maybe I'll make one tonight... I do things a little speedier even and use a quart of my pizza sauce for the sauce layer; then I rinse out my jar with a little water and pour it around the edges.
    My boys like to sit on the counter while I'm fixing supper; I guess they're getting past the hanging on to my leg stage. Either method tries my patience; but I know I'll look back and miss my little guys when they head out the door for school and don't want to hang out with Mama anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am convinced that there is very little in life as delicious + comforting as a steaming plate of cheesey, homemade lasagna...and I'm not even an Italian food fan. ;)

    ReplyDelete