Sunday, August 1, 2010

Country Fried Pork Chops

This is one of Joshua's favorite meats
(what is with men and gravy?)

Dredge pork chops in flour and sprinkle one side with seasoned salt.
Then pan fry in butter, and sprinkle the other side with salt and pepper.
Fry until done and remove from skillet.


Add about a cup of half and half or milk to your pan drippings.
Simmer and add a little flour* or cornstarch* to thicken the gravy.
Taste gravy and add more salt and pepper to taste.
Then put the pork chops back in the skillet with the gravy and
simmer on low for a few minutes.

(*dissolve 2 tsp. in milk and stir while adding to gravy)

Mmmm... tender and smothered in gravy


I needed a quick potato side so I peeled and sliced some potatoes
and cooked them until soft.
Then I fried them in butter in a skillet and added a
handful of mozzarella cheese and a spoonful of sour cream.
I sprinkled in parsley flakes, pepper, garlic powder and salt to taste.


This is a good, quick meal. Add a side of creamed corn and pickles.

The day after I made this Josh texted me and said
he couldn't wait for lunch.


I hope you enjoy!

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment