Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chilly? Warm Up With Some Chili.

This is an excellent food to fix in the fall.
Just when it starts to turn cold, bring on the chili and corn bread.

As I was cleaning the house, I was trying to decide if I should
take the time to write down the recipe and as I made the soup.
It always takes longer, but then if it turns out you have the
exact recipe for the next time. So I decided I would whip
out the notebook and write down the ingredients as I went.
Here is what I came up with.



Chili

1 lb. hamburger, browned
1 quart of tomato juice
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 16 oz. can of chili beans, undrained
1 15.5 oz. can of northern beans, drained
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1/8 tsp. red pepper
1 Tbsp. corn starch*
*dissolve in a small amount of cold water

Simmer on medium heat for at least 20 minutes or longer.
Serve with corn bread.

Blessings,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment