Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches

My husband is a chocolate chip cookie lover.
If I make any cookie other than chocolate chip,
I ask him if he likes them.
His reply is always,
"They are not as good as chocolate chip."
In some ways it frustrates me
because I think he should branch out.
In other ways it makes me happy
because he knows what he likes.
So last night I made him chocolate chip
cookies and froze them in bags for his lunches.

Here is a new creation I came up with 
so he can enjoy his cookies in another way.

A wonderful Valentine's idea.
You could shape the cookies into hearts.
Here is the cookie recipe I have posted before.
Simply add vanilla ice cream between two cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup lard or Crisco
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, lard and sugars. Add ingredients as listed.
Set in the fridge to chill for 20-30 minutes.
Scoop on tray and bake for 8-9 minutes.

p.s. You must use the lard or Crisco, 
it's what makes these cookies soft.


Enjoy,
Hope

1 comment:

  1. I am gonna make these today! Thanks for posting. I am gonna skip the icecream(although we do love icecream in the middle during the summer) Thanks for your blog, I love it! Janessa<><

    ReplyDelete