Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cornmeal Crusted Chicken Tenders

Chicken tenders were on sale at the local grocery store this week- so I whipped up some pan fried chicken tenders. Instead of dredging them in just flour I tossed in a little cornmeal and loved the crunch and flavor it added.

I like different sauces so I created a trio of dipping sauces- stone ground honey mustard, southwest and honey BBQ. 



Cornmeal Crusted Chicken Tenders

12-14 chicken tenders
4 Tbsp. butter
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper

Combine flour and cornmeal on a plate. In another bowl whisk together egg and milk. Coat chicken tenders in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture.
Coat again in egg mixture and then the flour mixture. This creates a nice 
thick layer of crunch. Melt butter in skillet and add chicken tenders.
Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown.
Serve with dipping sauces of your choice.

I used my honey BBQ wing recipe for the BBQ sauce.
Stone ground mustard and honey for the honey mustard
and for the southwest I mixed together Mayo, a little
ketchup, a squirt of lemon juice, and a
sprinkle of garlic powder and paprika. 


Enjoy,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment