Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vegetable Beef Soup

My hubby was sick last night and today.
I asked him if he was ready for his 
chicken noodle soup and he said,
"How about vegetable beef soup?"
"Honey, that takes a long time,
you have to roast beef and cut
up all your vegetables."
He looked at me kinda disappointed.
With empathy I replied, "Well, I guess
I could make it with ground hamburger."
So in a about and hour or more he had 
his vegetable beef soup.

 The veggies ready to add.

He ate three bowls if that tells you anything.


And here's the dump and pour recipe
I managed to write down.

Vegetable Beef Soup
1 lb. of hamburger, browned
4 medium potatoes, cubed
1/2 cup of carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 medium onion, chunked (not diced)
2 cups of green beans
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 quart of tomato juice
2 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of hot water
1 1/2 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano

3 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in water. 

Brown hamburger. Add tomato juice, vegetables and spices.
Simmer for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are soft.
Stir in dissolved cornstarch and cook until thickened.

Enjoy,
Hope

3 comments:

  1. The easy appetizers soup was hardy and perfect on a cool fall evening. Simple and great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight and my husband and I loooooved it! Nicely seasoned and perfect for a cold Sunday night. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I have used this as a base recipe several times when I had leftover pot roast.

    ReplyDelete