Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter Wonderland

This morning I woke up to a blanket of snow.
I called my boss and he said I could stay home.
So I baked cookies, cleaned house and made supper
for Joshua's family. It was fun to stay home and catch up.

I made Pioneer Woman's festive fruit cake cookies.
They are delicious... just don't bake them as long as she says.
Try eight minutes instead of twenty.
I was happily vacuuming and decided to check my
cookies five minutes early. Yikes!
Also, the batter is very wet and runny
so I set the dough in the fridge until they 
were a little more firm.

The twenty minute cookies vs....



Eight minutes. I vote for the latter.

She says, "They get better with age." Guess we'll see.

Josh came home from work early, so he went snowmobiling.
Then he took some outside photos for me.
Maybe I should let him take all my 
photos from now on.

Duke our beloved dog.







Come stay in our cozy, guest house.
Oops, sorry it's a very drafty playhouse.

Blessings,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment