Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chicken Fajitas

I was hungry for chicken fajitas.
Not the kind you dump a can
of sauce on and bake.
I wanted the real thing.

I stopped at the store and bought me
a jalapeno pepper and was ready to cook.
I used a recipe online as my bounce
board and was delighted with the results.

Cut chicken in strips and marinate for 30 minutes.


 Saute a onion and a pepper in a little butter.


Remove veggies and fry chicken until done. Add veggies
back to the skillet and simmer for a few minutes.


 Ready to wrap. And eat too.


 Ha... look at the hole in the bottom. It was so juicy it created
quite a mess, but it was worth it.

Chicken Fajitas

6 flour tortillas
3 large chicken breast
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 Tbsp. butter
salt and pepper

Marinate
4 Tbsp. olive oil
the juice of one lime
2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt

Slice chicken into strips. Mix together marinate ingredients.
Slice jalapeno pepper. Put chicken and pepper slices in a bowl
and cover with marinate. Let set for 30 minutes.

Melt butter in skillet. Add onions and peppers. 
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until soft.
Remove from skillet.

Add chicken with marinate to skillet, cover and cook
on low heat until done. Add peppers and onions back
to the skillet and simmer for a few minutes.

Serve with rice. Top with toppings of your choice.
The possibilities are endless.

Enjoy,
Hope

2 comments:

  1. These look great. We love fajitas... will have to try them when I round up the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I've made them several times, and we love them!!! When we lived in Texas we could buy per-marinated fajita chicken as cheaply as regular chicken, so I never bothered to make my own. I had been looking for an authentic tasting recipe since then, and this one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete