Monday, October 24, 2011

Corn Bread

Here is my corn bread recipe
I told you folks I'd post.

This recipe isn't your traditional
crumbly corn bread. It's more
moist and a little cake like.
I prefer it this way, but some may not.
It's the only corn bread recipe I use.
It came from my mom's recipe box.


You can bake it in a 9 in. pan or muffin pans.






Butter and honey are it's best friends.


Corn Bread

3/4 cup corn meal
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup buttermilk

Mix together and pour into greased, 9 in. baking pan or muffin cups.
Bake at 350 for 20 min. for 9 in. or 14 min. for muffin cups.
Serve warm with butter and honey.

Enjoy,

Hope

5 comments:

  1. I thought it came from your A. Shirley's recipe box? :) It is a great recipe. The only one that I use as well.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, it did:) I call it mom's because it's the only corn bread recipe she used when we were growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope, i love reading your blog! Such a sweet post on Josh and the beginnings of your romance! it's so fun that you know him from school, i always wish i could've caught a glimpse of my man in his younger days! =)
    your blog is a handy reference for dinner inspiration, keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that it had been around that long. I didn't start using it until about a year or so ago.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new picture of you and Josh. Your both handsome :)

    ReplyDelete