Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pretzel Buns

Today was a fun Saturday at home with Josh. Working in our yard- trying to get the garden tilled and planted along with putting our new bee family in their hive. Josh is taking up bee keeping which I am very excited about. 

I had thawed hamburgers out for our lunch, but realized I didn't have any bread. I remembered a pretzel bun I once had from Costco- so I quick mixed
up my regular, soft pretzel recipe and made it into buns. Super easy and tasty. A new twist to your regular hamburger bun.


 Form into rolls, dip in soda water, slit the top and sprinkle with course salt.


30 minutes later you have fresh hamburger buns.


Bring on summer.


Pretzel Buns

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp. dry yeast
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
4-5 cups of flour
course salt

2 Tbsp. baking soda
2 cups hot water
melted butter

Whisk together warm water and yeast. Add sugar, salt and flour and knead until elastic. Cover and let rise 10 minutes. Divide dough into ten pieces and form into rolls. Mix together hot water and baking soda- dip entire roll into soda mixture and place on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Slice the top 
of each roll and sprinkle with course salt. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
Brush the tops with melted butter.



 Our 15,000 bees finding their new home.



Blessings,
Hope

4 comments:

  1. Just did this for the first time a few weeks ago. We loved them! I shaped them into fat pretzels and smashed them so there were no holes left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing, Hope! I can't wait to see what you will create with your fresh honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me... but I think you should change the name of your blog to "Blessings of Hope" or "Hope Blessings"...

    Because these look so amazing. MY MOUTH is drooling over that burger. And my hubby sure does love his burgers. I'll have to come back for this recipe, for sure.

    I might even have to pin it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an amazing experience to visit this website and read the articles and contents.

    Balsa Surfboard & Balsa Wood

    ReplyDelete