Monday, June 24, 2013

Citrus Grilled Chicken

I will make this post quick because I am hugging a cold glass of tea with my burnt thumb. I type a little and back to the cooling station I go.

Don't try moving a hot oven rack with your thumb. Not sure what I was thinking. Oh, I wasn't thinking.

Moving right along...

Grilled chicken is my favorite meat to fix in the summer. I come home from work, thaw out some chicken, season it and then grill it after the yard work is done. Then I add a few simple sides and supper is ready.





Citrus Grilled Chicken

10 chicken thighs
1/3 cup olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 large garlic cloves, crushed or minced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley flakes

Pierce chicken thighs all over with a fork. Pour marinade over 
chicken and let set for an hour. Grill over charcoal until done.



 A few peas were ready in our garden so I added them to our salad. Divine.


Happy day!
Hope

1 comment:

  1. Hope you always have the best recipes!! I think I will add peas to our salad tonight, too!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete