Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Salad Bar

My husband has been working long days so I asked him what he wanted for dinner tonight. To my surprise he said a salad with chicken on top and lots of toppings. I thought for sure he would say taco salad.

So the hardworking man got what he ordered.




Vegetables make me happy. They are just about as cheery as flowers.
What a vivid color palette our Maker gave us.




Really no need for a recipe.  
They sky is the limit.

For the dressing I tossed together a
Honey Dijon Dressing.

2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vinegar
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
fresh ground pepper

This has some zip to it- so beware.
I love Dijon mustard but those wanting a sweet and
mild honey mustard use regular mustard and only 1 Tbsp.


Blessings,
Hope

5 comments:

  1. I would say it all looks delicious . . .but you would know better than that. So instead I'll just say the chicken looks scrumptious and your photography stunning. :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha... your too funny. I still can't believe you don't/can't eat greens. Your really missing out.

      Delete
  2. I'm eager to try the dressing recipe finally one without sugar! Not sure if i entered my email address for the drawing but here it is.~ lil gary.lil78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your husband is incredibly thankful for having such an incredible wife. You work twice as hard as he does in my opinion. You cook, clean AND work near full time. I'm guessing your willing subservience comes directly from your faith, I hope that faith will have him be an equal helper if and when you decide to have children. I don't think Jesus intended for women to get burnt out and overburdened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. My husband already is a equal helper in our home. I do not feel burnt out or overburdened at all. Taking care of our home and cooking is one of my greatest joys in my life.

      Delete