Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

My hubby has been hounding me to
make him chocolate chip cookies.
Tonight we were invited to a party and
I asked him what I should take.
You can guess the answer.
I think he ate ten from the time they came
out of the oven until the party was over.
I told him I would pack two in his
lunch and he argued he needed five.
Cookie monster is his name.

This recipe is the chocolate chip cookie recipe mom
always used. We received it from a neighbor lady.
One of those recipes you always use and don't try any others.
It's a good ol' stand by.




Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup lard
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Cream butter, lard and sugars. Add ingredients as listed.
Set in the fridge to chill for 20-30 minutes.
Scoop on tray and bake for 8-9 minutes.

p.s. You must use the lard, its what makes these cookies special.

Enjoy,
Hope

1 comment:

  1. CCC are one of my weaknesses! - I can't wait to use this recipe! Happy Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete