Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good Ol' Roast Beef

I finally received a crock pot over Christmas-
therefore I can slow cook roasts 
while I am at work. Yippee!
You all probably already know how to throw
a roast in the crock pot, but I thought
I'd share how I cook mine.

Add a little oil in a skillet and heat to hot.
Sear all sides of your roast to lock the juices in before roasting.
Sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt and pepper.
Chunk some onion on the top and cover all but 2 inches of
the roast with water. Turn crock pot on low and go to work.
Cook for about 9 hours.


Pull apart roast with a fork, sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
"If you add too much salt while roasting it
will make the meat dry," says my sister Faith.
 Your guest or family can add salt to their liking.


I love roast beef this way- 
not over seasoned, soft and juicy.

Enjoy,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment